Sunday 30 October 2011

Another Historical Creation

I was looking through my kit and I found this :


I'd forgotten that I had done this. I really need to get it framed and on a wall somewhere. I also found more works that I hadn't finished (some that I had hardly started) - I think that this blog will help me get some of these thing complete and on display. I have another classic samplers to do after the one I mentioned a few posts ago - I really like working on samplers as it gives you the chance to put the pattern down and sew from memory. Repeating borders may appear boring but so long as there aren't too many colour changes, you can just settle down and crack on with them.

I'd like to design my own contemporary sampler. I think that I'll look into that and get back to you with some preliminary ideas.

No comments: