Sunday 15 April 2012

Bit of a break

I've had a bit of a blogging break -  I've been busy with a number of things and this was one of the things that I let slip. I've still been stitching, I'm working on a gift for my parents fortieth wedding anniversary which obviously I have to get done in time to get it framed. I've also found time to do a little pattern of the Tyne bridge, which is nearly complete. Pics to follow. I've picked up a couple of North East themed patterns recently, and I have some plans on the horizon for doing a website, but I have to do more of the patterns that I want to put on that site.

Recently, I've found that I have been making more that the usual number of mistakes. This is getting a bit discouraging; I have even abandoned a pattern that I really like. I'd un-stitched this one part about four times and just could not bring myself to start that bit again. I'll give it another go if I get the enthusiasm for it again. I'd gone so long without making a mistake, I'd lost my stitch ripper!

That said, I've done ok with the pattern for my Mum. There's only been one minor mistake that the rest of the design can live with.


No comments: